Society for Human Resource Management
The SHRM Certification Preparation Course (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification preparation course) is designed for individuals preparing for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification examination. The course is held in Springfield, IL and Mesa, AZ twice per year (March and September); an accelerated weekend course is also available.
The program is taught by SHRM-CP and SPHR certified instructors with at least 10 years of experience in HR. Instructors use the official SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP that includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Students cover every subject matter included on the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
The SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preparation also features an Online Learning Center, which offers a wealth of supplemental study materials including:
- Tests – Over 1,000 questions to test your knowledge and understanding.
- Post-test – Gain experience with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format by completing the post-test that mimics the actual SHRM certification exam.
- Online Resource Center – Download flashcards (printed or online) and access HR updates, related links and feedback feature.
- Assessment – Identify subjects you already know and those that require more learning.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) so students learn everything they need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- People: Focus on talent acquisition and retention, employee engagement, learning and development and total rewards.
- Organization: Focus on structure of the HR function, organizational effectiveness and development, workforce management, employee relations, technology and date.
- Workforce: Focus on HR in the global context, diversity and inclusion, risk management, corporate social responsibilities, and employment law in the US.
- Strategy: Focus on key aspects of business and human resource management strategies in today’s world.
- Human Resource Behavioral Competencies: Focus on leadership and navigation, ethical practice, business acumen, relation management, cousultation, critical evaluation, global and cultural effectiveness and business communication.
A professional certificate from Benedictine University Professional Development and Learning will be awarded upon successful program completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Fluent in the English language (including reading and writing).
- Computer literate, have reliable internet access and a valid email account.
- Tuition paid in full prior to start of program
We are in the process of scheduling the start date for the next sessions of the program. If you would like to be told when the classes are scheduled, please let us know!